Illustration is a quarterly magazine examining the artists, the printing processes and the publishers behind beautiful books, innovative posters and other forms of commercial art.
Every issue contains:
- interviews with leading contemporary illustrators;
- features about important collections held by colleges, museums and galleries;
- historical articles on early printed books, great illustrators of the past or processes such as lithography or wood engraving;
- articles on the output of modern fine presses;
- examples of work by promising recent graduates;
- a resources section focusing on related book arts and courses;
- a listings section providing key information about forthcoming exhibitions and events.
Our writers include well-known academics, book authors, illustrators, publishers and gallery owners, while important illustrators, such as Quentin Blake, are providing original artwork for covers. Our readers span collectors, book dealers, gallery owners, fine press publishers,bookbinders, librarians and college lecturers and students.
Each magazine provides accessible, intelligent and entertaining information on a wide range of subjects, artists and genres of illustration. Our bibliographies offer detailed information usually found only in expensive specialist books. Regular offers encourage readers to attend key exhibitions and book reviews offer information about new publications and related texts.
London stockists include: Tate Britain; Tate Modern; the Barbican; the British Library; Marchpane Bookshop; Ulysees Bookshop; Chris Beetles Gallery; The Illustration Cupboard; John Sandoe Bookshop and Green and Stone.
Advertisers in past issues have included institutions such as the V&A and the British Library, book and illustration dealers, publishers, colleges and summer schools. If you would like to find out more about the possibilities of targeting our readers, please contact our advertising team at:
Cello Press Ltd
T: 01993 701002